Churches, schools, disability service providers, charities and not-for-profit organisations face a unique mix of legal challenges. Our years of experience working with this sector has given us considerable insights into how to help not-for-profit organisations meet these challenges.
You will have access to outstanding service, advice and experience, without the costs that are often associated with advice from large corporate firms.
Our comprehensive services in not-for-profit law include:
- advising on the most appropriate charitable structure regarding tax and corporate governance issues
- establishing and restructuring not-for-profit entities including companies limited by guarantee, incorporated associations and trusts including registration with the ACNC and endorsement with the ATO
- advising on and preparing funding and sponsorship agreements
- advising on effective structures for profit-making activities
- advising on corporate governance of not-for-profit entities
- endorsements with ACNC and ATO
- advising on and structuring mergers and the winding up of charities and not-for-profit organisations
- risk management
- obtaining fundraising licences throughout the country
- general commercial legal advice relevant to not-for-profit organisations
Click here to view our latest not-for-profit bulletin.
If you are interested in establishing a charity, and/or incorporating a company limited by guarantee, please download the relevant form:
Contact one of our experts to see how we can assist: